Hon. Veterinary Surgeon: Cross Green Veterinary Centre, Otley
Auditors: Hollings, Crowe, Storr & Co., 14 Beech Hill, Otley.
SAFETY POLICY - ARTHINGTON SHOW
It is the policy of the Arthington, Bramhope, Pool & District Horticultural & Agricultural Society to safeguard all Stewards, Helpers, and Committee Members to all risks as far as humanly possible.
All fractious animals MUST NOT be left without a handler at any time either before showing or in the showring.
Should any Steward, Helper or Member see anybody not behaving according to this Policy they have the authority to implement the Policy and if necessary asking them to leave the Showfield.
ALL EXHIBTORS ARE ASKED TO FOLLOW RECOMMENDED PROCEDURES
1. This body founded in 1906 shall be called, The Arthington, Bramhope, Pool and District Horticultural and Agricultural Society (hereinafter called The Society) and shall consist of an unlimited number of Members paying an annual subscription of not less than £5.
2. The objects for the Society shall be:
(a) To encourage by means of an annual exhibition known as The Arthington, Bramhope, Pool and District Horticultural and Agricultural Show the improvement and development of Horticulture and Agriculture in general.
(b) to make a grant, donation or subscription to any Agricultural Charities the Committee may determine.
(c) To support by means of grant, loan, donation or subscription any approved charitable Organisation engaged in the improvement of Horticulture and Agriculture.
3. The Society shall be under the management of a President, Treasurer, Secretary and Committee to be elected at the Annual General Meeting. The number of persons in the Committee shall be such number as the Annual General meeting shall from time to time determine.
4. The Committee shall have the power to fill any vacancy arising through the death or resignation of a Member and shall also have the power in its discretion to add to its number.
5. The quorum of the Committee shall be five and the Committee shall meet at least once each year and also on the requisition of not less than ten of its Members.
6. There shall be a Chairman of the Committee who shall be elected at the first Meeting of the Committee in each year. When present at Committee Meetings the President shall be entitled to occupy the chair.
7. The Annual General Meeting shall be held at least once in each year at such time and place as the Committee may determine. The Annual General Meeting shall be held to receive the accounts and balance sheet for the past year, to elect officers for the ensuing year, to alter, amend or add to the Rules of the Society when deemed necessary (in such cases at least twenty-one days notice must be given in writing to the Secretary) and to deal with any matter on the agenda or admitted by the President or in his absence the Chairman of the Meeting. Notification of time and place of the Annual General Meeting shall be given to the Members at least fourteen days before the appointed date.
8. The Society shall be composed of three classes of members, namely an unlimited number of ordinary Members, Vice-President and Patrons. The minimum annual subscription to be agreed annually at the Annual General Meeting.
9. Vice Presidents shall consist of those Members who shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting as Vice-Presidents.
10. The Management of the Society shall be in the hands of the Committee and the Committee shall have the authority to make such standing orders for the conduct of its business and such regulations and bye-laws for the encouragement and control of the Societys activities as it may think fit. The Committee shall decide upon the annual programme of activities of the Society subject to any recommendations from a General Meeting of Members. The Committee shall have sole authority as to the interpretation of the Rules and Regulations of any Show organised by the Society. The Committee shall have control of the finance of the Society and all payments from the Societys monies shall be approved by the Committee and Secretary. The Committee shall be responsible for the conduct of the Annual Show and shall be responsible for co-ordinating the activities of the various Section Committees.
11. The Committee shall appoint from its members Section Committees for the promotion of the Show and such Section Committees may co-opt other persons. Section Committees shall appoint a Chairman and Vice-Chairman. Section Committee shall be responsible to the Committee for the conduct of their particular section of the Show.
12. The President of the Society, the Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Committee and the Hon. Treasurer shall be ex-officio Members of every Section Committee.
13. The Committee may from time to time appoint Trustees in whom shall be vested such part or parts of the property and investments of the Society as the Committee shall direct. The Trustees shall deal with property and investments so vested in them as directly by resolution of the Committee, and in so doing shall be indemnified against any claim, question, risk or expense out of the assets of the Society. The Trustees may at the discretion of the Committee have powers to raise monies upon Mortgage or loan on the whole or part of the property of the Society. The Trustees shall hold office until death or resignation unless removed from the Office by a resolution of the Committee.
14. On receipt of a requisition signed by Twenty Members of the Society the Secretary shall call a special General meeting not less than fourteen days after receiving such requisition stating its business for which the meeting is called. No further business shall be discussed or transacted at that meeting.
15. The Society may upon the recommendation of the Committee be dissolved by resolution of a special General Meeting called for that purpose. Such resolutions shall not be affected unless supported by three-fourths of those present and voting at such General Meeting. If the resolution for dissolution be duly passed the Committee shall forthwith appoint an Executive Committee to liquidate the affairs of the Society and if there be any surplus of assets of realisation those shall be disposed of by passing the same to some other charitable institution or organisation having objects similar to those of the Society.
16. No alternative, amendment or addition of or any of these Rules shall be made except by the Members of the Society assembled in Annual General Meeting or at a special General meeting called for that purpose, and in addition no alteration to Rules 2 and 15 shall be made without first having obtained the consent of the Charity Commissioners.